Simpson's Reef
This was so cool, it was like dogs barking and so loud. Love love loved it!
We then went down the road to check out the whale. We did see it shoot water out of it's blow hole and a few times saw it's tale flip......no way to catch on film.
After that we were off to Cape Blanco. I didn't tell anyone where we were going, it was a surprise. The road leading up the the light house was a little scary and was single lane. Thank goodness we didn't meet another car on the road. We got up to the light house at 3:14pm and they stopped doing tours at 3:15pm. We were lucky, we were the last to get to tour that day. Mom and Mary stayed on the ground and Kathy and I ventured to the top.
It was amazing. I had no idea what was at the top of a light house. I figured it was a really bright flashlight. It's a beautiful prism that is about 4' tall. Massive and is visible for 26 miles. That's a pretty strong flashlight.
One of the few, still working lighthouses in the US
View from the top. See mom on the bench and Mary is taking a picture for the couple.
The prisms were amazing!
Steep staircase, this is why Mom and Mary didn't attempt.
Do you see us. That's Kathy and I waving at the top
No comments:
Post a Comment